This segment of Life According to... follows 1-year-old Gloria and what I've learned from hanging out with her.
When I arrived in Tonga, Gloria was just a little peanut. Her parents (Moala and Neru) would carry Gloria wherever they went. They lovingly nicknamed her "the tornado" because every time they'd put her down she would get into things... and most times make a big mess. Gloria has since learned to walk and begun to talk. Her parents are hoping she will be tri-lingual someday (speaking Tongan, English and Samoan). Gloria is one of those little girls that makes her presence known wherever she goes. She's spunky and sassy and it's been such a blessing to watch her personality develop over the last year.
5 things I've learned from Gloria:
1. Stay curious! Sometimes it's just so much fun to sit back and watch her explore. I wonder what goes on in her little head.
2. Enjoy eating! Enjoy the little things! Gloria enjoys most of what she does and it shows. She almost always has a smile on her face and is enjoying whatever it is that she is doing.
3. Life is juicy. And not just when we eat our food.
4. Live a balanced life - learn some and drink some and walk some and write some and sing and dance and play some. Here she is enjoying eating papaya and making sure that I'm enjoying it too.
5. A little dirt don't hurt. A little dirt can be a lot of fun.
Thank you, Gloria!
Until next time!