Wednesday, December 11, 2013

25 Days of Christmas // Day 12

Guess what we're going to do today?
We're going to explore a 1969 masterpiece that involves:
a teacher
a fakaofa (sad/pathetic) magician
a group of students
a certain man made out of snow
a train ride
and a bearded dude in a red suit.
You know it?

If not, sai pe [it's okay].

Next time I watch Rankin & Bass's Frosty the Snowman, I'll be sure and invite you.
 
It's so good, right?! I have so many memories watching this as a little kid. I gotta admit that I may have thought once or twice about hopping into a train car to see if it would take me to the North Pole. But there were no train tracks around where I grew up so it never really was an option. Also, I was really afraid that if I made it to the North Pole Santa would be waiting for me to let me know that I would forever be on the naughty list. Man, that would stink.

Also, it amazes me that these kids thought they would be back in time for dinner? Where do they even live? Northern Minnesota? Canada?
Ah. The nostalgia I have around Christmas time. So many good cartoons from the 1960's/70's/80's... what do kids even watch these days? Nothing compares!

Happy day to you and yours!

 P.S. Tomorrow we'll be over 1/2 way done with the 25 Days of Christmas. Are you sad? It's going by so quickly!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment