Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Tongan Cooking 101: Black Bean Pumpkin Burgers

So I can’t take full credit for this amazing recipe. My friend Chiara sent this recipe up from her island and says that it is a must try! (And I agree) So I invited my friend Malia over the other night and we ate some Black Bean Pumpkin Burgers. Delicious!

IMG_0970.JPG


Black Bean and Pumpkin Burgers

Ingredients:

(makes two hefty patties)

1 C black beans (drained and rinsed)

1/3 C pumpkin (cooked)

1 T flour

1/2 t cumin (I didn't have this and it was still good!)

1/4 t garlic powder (or fresh garlic)

1/8 cup of minced onion (this was my addition - I love me some onions!)

1/4 t chili powder



Instructions:

1. Combine all ingredients and mash.

2. Once mashed, form into two patties.

3. Cook on a skillet over medium heat for a couple of minutes on each side.

4. Enjoy! Mmmm... Eat it with: avocado or ketchup or ranch dressing or with spinach (I miss spinach!)

IMG_0968.JPG  

**This is not a Tongan recipe. Just something I made while in Tonga. I may do some traditional Tongan recipes soon. So keep checking back!









No comments:

Post a Comment