Saturday, November 10, 2012

Scared & Excited

I'm scared and excited.

I am about to push myself to do things I've never done, to take risks and to continue to prove to myself that I really can do this. Here's a list of things I'm scared and excited for (I like lists):

1. Learning Tongan. I don't just want to learn Tongan, I want to be fluent. I want to be able to communicate with everyone in my village and I'm slowly getting there.

2. Being integrated into community. I hope to know many people in my community and I want them to get to know me.

3. Side projects. I'm so excited to learn about how teachers learn in Tonga and where they learned (or didn't learn) how to be teachers. I am hoping to help the Ministry of Education conduct research on teacher development and what it looks like with a brand new national curriculum.

4. Camp GLOW. I will be helping to lead Camp GLOW on Vava'u the next two years. To learn more about it, check this out. If you're interested in helping out, I should have more information in the new year.

5. Art. I want to push myself to continue to create art even when I'm far away from normal art supplies (I can't afford a $10 box of crayons).

What are you scared and excited for?


  wemust.jpg  

Tomorrow I will board a ferry and spend 22-hours traveling to Vava'u and to my new home.



No comments:

Post a Comment