You ever have those days where you wake up thinking "nah. i think i just wanna be a lazy bum and not do a darn thing today"? or you sit up in bed and are all like "mmmm... don't think so" but then you remember that you're an adult and have commitments? Well, i'm here to help. Here's a list of songs that i suggest listening to in order to put yourself into a "i'm gonna rock this day" mood. This is recommended by 9 out of 10 doctors (no it's not) and yours truly.
So turn up your speakers and find a dance partner (it can be non-human - like a dog, cat, or stuffed animal).
1. Wavin' the Flag by K'naan This is the perfect song to start your day. It's one of those "I feel like I can do anything" songs that just makes you super happy.
2. In Colour by Shapeshifter This is one of those songs that just builds throughout the song and makes you want to run through fields and climb mountains and just be awesome.
3. 40 Day Dream by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros This just makes me want to sway like a tree.
4. Shake It Out by Florence and the Machine This is just another great one to start the day. I love Florence's voice.
5. Some Nights by fun. Give this video a little bit of time to start up and get going. This song has the ability to turn any bad day on it's head. Really. It's such good stuff. It makes me want to be a drummer and singer so much.