Thursday, February 20, 2014

dear...


:: dear 'atu, you are such a wonderful principal. i appreciate you so much. your willingness to try things that are new and very different from what you've been doing the last few years, is really really inspiring. thanks for reminding me of the importance of being open and being a life-long learner.

:: dear big moko (lizards), your woodblock click noises are really funny and the way that the little pads on the bottom of your feet make a puttering noise as you chase each other across my walls is something that i need to always remember. thanks for reminding me to pay attention to the little things.

:: dear rusty metal fan that i have 6 inches from my face, you are currently providing so much relief to this sweaty, tomato-faced girl ... youjusthavenoidea. i cannot thank you enough for being a small breeze in the still island weather. i'm so glad that you continue to work and provide me with a little reprieve.

:: dear students that arrive at the front gate at 6:20am, i love your enthusiasm, little ones. really, i do. but school doesn't start for another 2+ hours. maybe go across the street and play rugby or something, but it's just too early to be at school.

:: dear walks to town, i love that you take so long because of the number of kids that run up to the road to say hello to me and yell my name. it's one of the best feelings i've encountered during my time in the south pacific and something i will cherish for a really long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment