Wednesday, March 6, 2013

PCV Profile: Sean

Sean didn't come to Tonga with Group 77. He's actually been here for two years already and has signed on for a third.

He loves Peace Corps and The Kingdom of Tonga THAT much.

I am grateful to have him around. He knows his stuff, laughs at my jokes and has a love of the Tongan culture that is unmatched by any palangi (white person) I have ever met. He and I are working on Camp GLOW together and he is interested in starting a camp for boys (more information on that soon). Let's get to know Sean a bit better.

IMG_9963.jpg

What's your favorite TV show? Well, I've been gone for 2+ years so I can't say for sure, but I guess Jeopardy. Followed closely by Entourage.

What's your favorite part of Tongan culture? That's hard! Probably "Tongan Time"... Tongans always have time. Time to talk to one another, time for a stroll... Time is most definitely not money here, and I appreciate that. I mean, what could be more important than having time?

Name a song you think that everyone should know. I think everyone should know Lynyrd Skynrd's, "All I Can Do is Write About It". At this point in time, it's also the only song I can play all the way through on guitar.

If you could have a super power what would it be? That's easy: flight. Like superman type flight... None of this "I need a suit" bs. I want to fly!

Favorite school supply? I always liked my nice, simple, broken-in backpack. Cars are fun too, though.

IMG_1151.jpg

  
PCV Profiles is a regular post that introduces you to the fine people I work with. Want to meet more of them? Check out Joey, Michael and Mark!





No comments:

Post a Comment