Sunday, January 20, 2013

PCV Profile: Joey

I thought you might want to get to know the other Peace Corps Volunteers in my group. This little corner of the interwebs will thus be named "PCV Profiles" and for the next two years, you will have the opportunity to get to know some of the totally rad people I get to work with on a regular basis.

IMG_8579.JPG


This is Joey. He's spunky, opinionated and full of life. He hails from the western coast of America and will be spending the next two years living in Tonga. He likes movies, music and drinking kava (although he dislikes the taste). He's way better at Tongan than I am, is super passionate about educational policy (we have that in common) and is going to be an all-star teacher when school starts up in two weeks. Let's get to know him a little better. Shall we?


What was your favorite food as a child? Pizza. I'm boring. Just pepperoni pizza. Though, I secretly enjoyed steak. Now my favorite food is thai food. It's really good.


What sound do you love? Laughter. That sounds girly. How about raindrops? That sounds worse. Um... the sound of a bottle of beer being opened. There we go. That sounds manly.


If you could throw any kind of party, what would it be like and who would it be for? It would be for me, obviously. No. It'd be for a best friend and I think it would be like maybe a combination between a rave and really bad hip hop. Anything that is on the radio or something. Maybe even Black Eyed Peas. And then it would be really themed like a crazy circus. There would be acrobats performing, fire dancers and everyone would have really crazy costumes that had something to do with their favorite thing. But morphed to fit their favorite thing. Like you could come as a dinosaur if you wanted to.


If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? That's a tough one. Learning to speak Tongan would be good. I don't know if i could do anything. Maybe sing and play guitar. That seems like it's always useful. It'd have to come as the duo, though.


If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Probably Ron Weasley because Harry's a weinie. Plus if Hermione looks like the girl in the movies I would be down having her be my wife.


IMG_7687.JPG  



No comments:

Post a Comment