Friday, June 13, 2014

[virtual] coffee date

Hey there.
Let's imagine that we are spending a few moments together at a little cafe next to the South Pacific Ocean. You've got your warm beverage of choice in a mug while I'm sipping on a cappuccino with extra foam and sitting across from you.

Mmmmm... tasty.

If we were drinking coffee together I would tell you how excited I get (and a lot of the island does) when that orange ferry pulls up with supplies for the week (and mail!). This is what everything from mail to pigs travels on to get here.

If we were drinking coffee together I would tell you how little my students know about the ocean and our affect on it. It was so wonderful to have VEPA (Vava'u Environmental Protection Association) come into school this weekend to talk about coral reefs and rubbish. I found that the students have some idea of what to do with rubbish, but the follow through is what we're working on. I'm hoping they went home and shared the information with their families.

If we were drinking coffee together I would tell you how much I have enjoyed Fridays recently. I've mentioned how we are preparing for the King's visit at the end of June. We've spent an enormous amount of time learning an aerobics/Zumba dance for him and I hope to eventually share with you what it looks like when 1,000 little kids and all their teachers dance together.
If we were drinking coffee together I would tell you how thankful I am for the little things. Like holding super cute babies that look like cabbage patch dolls and pull at my glasses and aren't afraid of the palangi (white person). What a sweet pea this one is.

Hope you enjoyed your coffee.
What's something you'd tell me?

No comments:

Post a Comment