Monday, August 27, 2012

Thoughts on Adventure and Music

Not too much to report here. 

Still packing. And unpacking. And repacking. Lots of packing.

During seasons of change I sometimes find myself gravitating back to the same music. It seems that listening to the same music reminds me that change is a good thing and instills in me the sense that I can do anything I put my mind to. There is a particular song that I tend to listen to during periods like this ... it's been the same song since 1994. Yeah, you read that right.  

Even though I have a crazy love of all things Disney, it is not "I Can Go the Distance" from Hercules or "I'll Make a Man out of You" from Mulan. It's not even Disney.

It's this song.

It's called "New York" and it's from the Little Women Soundtrack. It's the moment in the movie where Josephine March decides that even though she loves her family, she's in need of adventure and following her dreams so she decides to head to NYC. Even though I'm not heading there, I think it's pretty applicable to this moment in my life. Do you have music that you come back to?




Also, I really liked these pictures. Have a happy Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment