Thursday, June 13, 2013

PCV Profile: Chiara

Chiara is da bomb dot com. (Yeah, I just said that. And no, I'm not ashamed. NotonebitItellyou.)

From the moment we met at PC Staging in LA and were assigned as roommates, she and I have had a special bond. I don't know if it's because we both have a love for all things camp (she worked the last four summers at the sister camp to the camp I spent the last 6 summers at - holywow small world!) or what, but she's great. I especially appreciate her this time of year - where it seems that she is the only one who really understands just how much camp means to me and how, even though I love my life here, my heart aches that I'm not in Maine. Back to Chiara: She was born in Italy, grew up in Indonesia and went to college in the States (What a cool life, right?). She is also a trained educator, too! Chiara has the biggest heart of pretty much anybody I've ever met. She is one of those people you talk to and instantly feel awesome - her positivity is contagious. Has it ever happened to you where you meet somebody and feel like you've known them for years? That's how it is with Chiara. 


Let's get to know her a little better:

Favorite drink: Coffee...mmmmm coffee.

Favorite movie: Love Actually

What do you usually eat for breakfast? In Tonga? Banana bread.

Tell me about the worst hair-do/haircut you've ever had. It was a short haircut that became kind of a bowl cut.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? I don't know - where I'll be be, with who or what I'll be doing, but I hope and look forward to a life full of happiness and love - for what I'm doing, where I am and who I'm with.

What is your favorite song? "Littlest Birds" by Be Good Tanya's. Mostly for the line: "You pass through places and places pass through you but you carry them with you on the soles of your traveling shoes." Haven't Met You Yet (Michael Buble) and Call Me Maybe (Carly Rae Jepsen) never fail to make me smile and want to dance.

By the way, Chiara is pronounced: Key/are/ah. The way the Italians say it.  
Isn't she so cool?

Check out the other PCVs I work with :: Sean // Joey // Harrison // Mark // Michael //

No comments:

Post a Comment