Wednesday, December 5, 2012

End of the Year Ceremony


Today was a special day at the elementary school.

The last week of school before summer break has arrived and with it final exams.

The final exam scores determine class rank and today's ceremony had each student line up in order of their score. When the principal told me what was going to happen, I initially was a little shocked. How would I feel if I were last in my class? I watched as each class (1 through 6) got called up. And you know what? Every single kid was smiling. And I'm not talking about the fake kind that doesn't quite reach the eyes. They were genuinely excited. Parents brought candy necklaces for the students. They stuffed money down the fronts of their shirts.

After the ceremony the Class 4, 5 and 6 students held a market where they sold items that they made during their Creative Technology Course. There were cakes, dresses, shorts, shirts, and kiekies. It was all there and all made by students. They were all so excited to show their parents what they made.


IMG_0279.JPG


IMG_0285.JPG  


IMG_0292.JPG


IMG_0294.jpg


IMG_0295.JPG


IMG_0299.JPG


IMG_0307.JPG


IMG_0309.JPG


No comments:

Post a Comment