Wednesday, October 31, 2012

To Mark and Alissa


IMG_9422.JPG

Dear Mark and Alissa,

The last 8 weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions, adventures and newness. I am so lucky that I got to navigate it with you. I'm glad we have had the chance to get to know each other so well and I look forward to what the next two years will look like serving together. Even though we will no longer be seeing each other daily, I know we'll remain close. I admire both of you for the positive energy, full hearts and creative spirit you bring to everything you do. I'll miss our daily walks back from Lavengatonga, our "eva pe-ing" on Sunday afternoons, discussing our eating and sleeping habits, our mutual love of Franny 'Ofa, and our bus journeys together on Saturday mornings. Alissa, I'll miss reading each other's minds during TEFL training. Mark, I'll miss our looks of confusion across the Kava circle on Sunday mornings. Not being a street apart is going to be tough. I won't have anyone to yell at the neighborhood dogs with. No longer will I be able to just wait for Mark to make the purchases for all of us at the falekoloa. I'm going to miss you both a ton, but I know that your new community is so lucky to have you. Thank you for making me feel so accepted. Kulupu Fatumu Saitaha!

With love, Mandy



No comments:

Post a Comment