Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Currently...

reading: The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. People, have you read this? If so, what did you think? If no, then you should! I cannot seem to put this book down. I've had so many "a-ha!" moments the last 24 hours because of Brene and her gifted writing. Brown is a shame researcher/story-teller and promotes whole-hearted living. Just check out this TED talk that she does on vulnerability. I think we'd be friends if we knew each other. 


listening to: Hillsong United, The Great Big Sea, John Mayer, and Dave Matthews Band (It's been at least 7-8 years since I really listened to some DMB and I'm so glad that my love for them has been reignited). 

eating: My brother and sister are pretty great and for my birthday they sent me one little bag of red quinoa which I have been eating on special occasions. Thursday is a special occasion right? 

wearing: My flowiest skirts because the mercury is rising again and I am always a sweaty mess.

thinking about:
- how great is was to see Peace Corps staff this week. They visited my school/house for our final (!) site visits and brought with them a Ministry of Education official.
- the professional development session I'm leading at the island-wide principal's meeting on Friday. Principals from all over come to take part in the Ministry of Education's monthly meeting and they have asked me and Abby (another PCV) to present best practices when it comes to English education. We did it last month and it was such a great time! Friday I'm sharing about teaching questioning. 
- getting Camp GLOW/GROW's planning into full swing. We are only 6 months away from camp!

What about you? 

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment