Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Currently...


- there are roosters on my roof. Your guess is as good as mine as to why they are there.
- sipping a cup of coffee. Five minutes ago I ate a fly. I am not joking. It was gross. I did not know that it had perched on the lip of my mug and then I ate it. Swallowed him whole. 
- trying to find as many uses for baking soda as possible. I don't shampoo my hair anymore (I use baking soda instead). I have learned to clean my jewelry with the magic white powder. What other uses do you know about?
- re-learning how to use colored pencils. Shading is so much fun!
- thinking about how the United States has had heaps of snow since October/November and how all the posts I see online seem to be about people wishing for spring/warmer weather and I can't help but wish I could remember what it feels like to be cold. Really cold. 
- loving the rainy weather we've been getting. 
- getting a little bit nervous as the finish line to Peace Corps approaches. I know it's still over 6 months away but there is a lot of planning involved to successfully transition back and have your life in order. Lots of things to think about that I haven't had to worry about in the last two years (driving a car? rent? stores with more than one kind of product? the idea of no afternoon nap?).
- wondering what the world would be like without coffee.
- wondering why people use the phrase "waiting for the other shoe to drop". Where did it come from? 

What about you?


3 comments:

  1. Mandy! I miss you! Crim sent me your e-mail address, so I promise to send all future messages there. I read this post and thought of this feature I just read on baking soda uses; http://www.refinery29.com/2014/03/64365/baking-soda-beauty. Enjoy!! Love -Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL Did you say to yourself, "I don't know why I swallowed a fly, perhaps I'll die." Grandma Chaudoir taught us to brush our teeth several times a week with baking soda and salt..

    ReplyDelete