Thursday, May 23, 2013

Updates

Life in the South Pacific is wonderful. The air is cooling off, winter is here and I am loving the rhythm that I've had going recently.

I am 4 weeks away from eva pe-ing (wandering) to America for a brief visit and have so much to do before then. 

Here are 5 little moments that had me smiling this week: (In no particular order)

1. Last Sunday was Father's Day here in Tonga and I went to the Wesleyan Church to celebrate. During the service all of the fathers were asked to come forward and each of their children put a giant candy necklace around their necks. On their way back to their seats, three of the dads thought the palangi (me) looked like she needed a little sugar in her life so I ended up walking out of church covered in candy. Goodtimes.

 2. Touna (pictured below) came up to me every morning this week and gave me a huge hug. She loves to take her clothes off and yell at me from across the school grounds. It makes me laugh. Every time.
 3. Nigeria (pictured below) read with me during every lunch hour. She is in Class 1 and only knows Tongan right now, so we read Tongan books and she taught me new words.

 4. My students and I sang "Mmmm-Ahk! went the little green frog one day!" every day this week. They loved it and it was great to practice saying color names.


5. My principal and I had a great meeting about the success of the students so far. She is happy with the work I am doing. It felt good to hear that. 

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment