Sunday, May 12, 2013

Peace Corps BBQ at Don & Nori's.

As much as I love staying in community (in my village) and hanging out with my neighbors, sometimes it's nice to meet up with other Peace Corps Volunteers. I'm lucky to be a PCV in Tonga, where we all really aren't that far away from each other. There are 9 of us that live rather close to each other in this part of Tonga. I have heard that in other countries where PCVs serve, they can be days away from the nearest volunteer.






On Saturday the PCVs I live near were able to meet up at Don & Nori's. Don & Nori's is not a restaurant, rather a home away from home. This lovely couple moved to Tonga 30+ years ago and raised their family here. They are originally from America and are some of the nicest people you will ever meet.
We spent the late afternoon enjoying each other's company, eating great food and watching the sun set. I have referred to where we live as "Neverland", but Saturday night it really did feel that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment