Friday, July 11, 2014

postcard project // a thank you.

A few months ago I asked readers of this here corner of the interwebs to help me out with a special postcard project that involved teaching my students about other places in the world. 
The project also gave my students an opportunity to practice their English skills.

I want to thank you for your response.

A small assortment of post cards received!
You all are unbelievable and I cannot tell you how amazing it was to sit with the globe (dated some time when the USSR was still around - we make it work!) and try and find each and every place where these notes started their journeys.


We are in the process of learning about letter writing and my oldest students have started scribing responses to you all. They should be in the mail soon! We have our work cut out for us (I wasn't imagining what an amazing response we'd get!) but it's worth it and every Monday is like a fun scavenger hunt!

Thank you for your patience.
Thank you for being awesome!
THANK YOU!
And if you are interested in sending a postcard you can still send them!
Mandy Pederson, PCV
PO Box 136
Neiafu
Vava'u
Kingdom of Tonga
South Pacific

No comments:

Post a Comment