Friday, April 19, 2013

IST and some photos

When I was a school teacher in the States, I loved taking part in (most) professional development sessions. Some were so awesome and some were boring power points with no juicy ideas. Getting new ideas to make my classroom a better place for my students to learn was always exciting. I was thinking about that this last week while I was down in Nuku'alofa for a training with PC. This training, called In-Service Training, marks a significant point in Peace Corps: I'm 1/3 of the way done with my service.
This is both exciting and frightening. Exciting because it's moving way faster than I thought and frightening because I feel like I have so much more to do to feel like I've really helped the people here in Tonga. Oiaue. Baby steps. 
 
Here are a couple shots from the last few weeks. I hope you enjoy. I will be back to posting more frequently very soon! I promise!
 
This is Group 77 enjoying Nuku'alofa.

The sunset on Vava'u. (This picture was taken by my friend Katy)

Snorkeling in Swallow's Cave - Vava'u.
Harrison is like my Peace Corps brother. He listens to all my crazy ideas.
 Here's to getting back into the swing of things and being back in my little village. I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment